Monday, April 28, 2008

2nd Border on Tulip Block


What a fight!!! This is the 3rd border I put on this quilt. The first two just did not work. So, instead of trying to tone down the color, I brightened it up. The yellow in the center of the square/triangle is the same yellow that is in one of the tulips, and in one of the prarie points. I will be sending a purple fabric for the back and binding.
I have never had a quilt with a mind of it's own... this was my first experience. What an interesting process. !! . So, this will be off to the next person and the quilting will begin.

2 comments:

Mom said...

you only need to send backing fabric. the quilter gets the binding fabric.

Luckybear said...

I like the colors that you have added. The outer border is definitely the hardest from a design perspective. The block I worked on had a mind of it's own too!

-Kari - a Robinette