Thursday, April 24, 2008

Crazy Amish Quilt



The quilt is done!! I am so excited about the finished product. I used bright, bold colors on the front and a panel for the back. The person this is going to said she loved purple and wanted something modern. The next thing to do is finish the label and then it goes in the mail. I hope she likes it!!! Oh, and to give credit where credit is due, the pattern is from Quilters Cache and is called a "Crazy Amish Quilt". It originally is sized for 6" blocks, however to make the proper size for this exchange, I made it smaller and brighter.

6 comments:

floribunda said...

very pretty! I'll have to take a look at that block on Quilter's Cache... and finish up my own 4 seasons quilt

Reenie said...

YAY !! Thanks Susan, the quilt arrived at my house today !! It's absolutely gorgeous, I love the little beads you've attached and can't wait to show all my family and friends (also, my blog will have some pics on it shortly). You've done a wonderful job, the piecing is soooo small and I love the effect of how it looks like ribbons weaving. Thanks !! Serena

SuzyQSparkles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reenie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I do love the quilt and would like to keep it as it is.. I've got two blogs actually, you can see the links in my profile. I've already published some stuff on my main blog (reeniesu)

ainslie said...

Serena (my sister) rang me and opened up the parcel then. It is absolutely wonderful! It's so nice that the swaps allow people to connect in this way. Your crafting history and family connections made me smile (widely!).

I'll keep an eye on your future projects.

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on Scooter's Qreations . It should be very much helpfull.

And I would like to tell you that We are a group of Moms (and Dads) who have teamed together. We have real answers and a simple business plan to work from home and earn better than a regular job. You can get more details here http://debtfreeliving.momsmakemore.com/

Thanks,
mark - Work from home moms make more