Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 2 of Consensus - Border 2 on Tulip Block

Yesterdays Census seems to be the same as Thursdays. The gals in my office get to see my quilts and are getting pretty good about giving their opinions. At first they weren't sure what I was looking for. Now they know I just want to honestly hear what they see, what they would have done differently with the color, or what they would do next.

I understand from listening to other quilting gals that have children in their quilting home, they use them in the same way. They will put the quilt on the design wall and then call the kids in to get their opinion. It helps.!!.

So, this weekend I will be selecting fabrics for a quilt block that 1) Will go on point 2) the border points will be predominently Purple (not sure what hue or tone) 3) This will be pretty much a plain area so that it will settle your eyes down from all the color and design in the block thus far 4) Not sure about what flower will be appliqued on each corner to tie it all in 5) And I'm taking it to my Thimbleberries meeting this morning so that I can use the stores fabric selection - much larger than my own.

No comments: