Thursday, May 22, 2008

Final Quilting of the Young Lovers

This little quilt is absolutely beautiful.
Laila did exquisite hand work in the center block.
Jeanette selected great fabrics, and the circles, I feel, added a wonderful touch.
Julie's braid was skillfully put together - incredible technique!

So, when I looked at it, I decided there was no way to pay tribute to all the great work, by machine quilting. I hand quilted the center. It is in a shadow/ripple effect.

And as stated below, because of the embroidery used on the couple, I used some embroidery while finishing the quilt. In fact, the label has ribbon and flowers added to it as well.

Thank you for the opportunity to work on this quilt. I honestly believe it will become an heirloom one day.!!.

I have one appointment next week and I promised to bring this for show and tell. So, after that event, this will be in the mail to it's new home.

2 comments:

Mom said...

it's so nice when quilters have this big bag of skills like either hand or machine quilting so that they can fit the piece with whatever it is calling for. I do appreciate that, personally. Please feel free to upload pics ti the group's blog of the entire quilt and some cute closeups. Thanks for playing; the recipient will like it I hope.

Anonymous said...

LoVe it!