Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kimono Applique


This is my entry for the last of Margaret's quilt exchange groups for 2008, and it should be at it's new home by now. This has been a fun group to be a part of, and I look forward to more of what Margaret put's together. Also, if any of you know of other groups, I would appreciate a heads up on what is going on.


This quilt was mailed to Canada. The gal there likes the oriental creations and I thought she might like this.


You can't see it well in this picture, but it is outlined with yellow sead beads, has embroidery embelishments, and beads in other locations.


I hope she likes it. I know I enjoyed working on this new technique of applique, an in adding all the special touches.

5 comments:

Cathi said...

You hope I liked it?? I absolutely love it!!! It just arrived this morning and I am SO excited!!! I have looked at that pattern and wanted to do it -- and this little quilt is just so, so special. It's definitely being hung up year round.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am thrilled to bits. You couldn't have picked a better pattern or fabric or embellishments -- or, well, anything! Wish I had your e-mail addy as I would have e-mailed you directly.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a beautiful quilt. Such pretty colors, a wonderful design, well executed. Great job!

Anonymous said...

this is really pretty
by the way, would have loved to reach you by email, did you get my 4SQ?

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

I have just c9ome across your blog.
I like all thing Kimono and Japanese. I learnt Japanese when at high school. I really took an interest in all things Japanese when I began quilting over two years ago.

Wendy said...

Hi Susan - I just received my round robin quilt today and I love it! Thanks so much for your beautiful work on it!! Happy Christmas! - Wendy