Friday, March 14, 2008

Quilt Block Received

Everyday I'd stop by my mailbox like I was expecting a "present". And, everyday to take the edge off my disappointment, I'd go on line and take a look at the quilt blocks posted to see what new creations there were to see.

One block I fell in love with was the "origami" style flowers. Oriental fabrics and styles are something I gravitate to. Needless to say, this one did catch my eye.

Yesterday I went to my mail box, and there it was!!! IT ARRIVED!!!!! The Origami Style Flower Block!! How lucky am I!!!!!!!

So, of course, I immediately took it out of the envelope, with the 3 fabric selections I received, the label and sweet note from Tami, and I put it on my dining room table. Next I went to my craft room and pulled a stack of fabrics that I thought might go well with the block. After auditioning fabrics for about an hour, I narrowed the selection down to a few white on white, 1 fairy frost, and 3 from my Oriental collection. I will be living with these for the next week while the design becomes evident. Once this process is done, I will publish the basics here for all to see.

Thank you Tami for such a wonderful gift! I hope that I can add to your creation in a way that enhances it. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Luckybear said...

Lucky you! I loved that block. Happy quilting.

-Kari (one of the Spring Fling Robinettes)